Falkenbergs kommuns webbplatser använder cookies för att fungera på ett bra sätt. När du besöker oss godkänner du att vi lagrar cookies på din dator. Vill du neka cookies kan du själv stänga av funktionen via din webbläsares säkerhetsinställningar. Mer information om hur vi hanterar cookies

19:e maj 2021

Är du brittisk medborgare? Information to British citizens

Via ett brev till svenska kommuner vill brittiska ambassaden i Stockholm nå dig som är brittisk medborgare och bor i Sverige. Detta med anledning av Storbritanniens utträde ur EU.

Brevet till dig som är brittisk medborgare lyder:

"The United Kingdom has left the European Union and the transition period has ended. Because of this, UK citizens are no longer covered by EU Freedom of Movement law.

Therefore, as a British citizen residing in Sweden, you may need to take action to secure your rights to live and work in Sweden, as well as to access Swedish Government public services.

In accordance with the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement, the Swedish Government has launched a new residency scheme. British citizens and their family members who have been living here under EU Freedom of Movement law must apply for this new status, if they wish to maintain their rights.

The application is free of charge and can be completed either online or with a paper application.

You can find out more about the application process and make your application with the Swedish Migration Agency here:

Residence status for British citizens - Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se)länk till annan webbplats

Some people, such as dual UK-Swedish citizens or those with a permanent uppehållstillstånd (PUT), do not need to apply, but may do so if they wish.
In all cases, we urge you to check your status and, if you need to, apply for the new status with the Swedish Migration Agency now.

You have until 30 September to apply. If you are in Sweden under EU Freedom of Movement law and do not apply by this deadline, you may lose your residency rights in Sweden.

You can find out more by visiting the Swedish Migration Agency website. You can also sign up for e-mail alerts on official UK Government information with the UK Government's Living in Guide for Sweden at www.gov.uk/livinginswedenlänk till annan webbplats. Regular updates, answers to frequently asked questions and more information can also be found on the British Embassy Facebook page."